Stuff on NUC/Kodi/etc
- Old situation: Kodi (on Intel NUC/Ubuntu 18.04) controlled via LIRC using Apple TV remote
- Desired situation: Samsung TV + Pioneer AV receiver + Kodi on NUC controlled with Logitech Harmony and Kodi also with the Apple TV remote.
- Harmony remote controls all devices
- AppleTV and Harmony can both navigate Kodi
- Harmony shuts down Kodi and NUC
- Kodi doesn't detect all keys from Apple TV remote (e.g. KEY_OK / KEY_MENU / KEY_BACKSPACE). Workaround: use KEY_DELETE and remap in Kodi's keyboard.xml
- Why does evtest show two IR event inputs?
- Why does Kodi have multiple keymaps?
Read more »